Sunday, December 6, 2009

Dear Next Year’s freshman,
This is a letter that I am writing to inform and to encourage you in everything that you do especially during your freshman year. During my 1st semester I faced many obstacles that made me feel like the world was coming down on me. In all of this I found myself putting things off to the side and not being able to complete the work that needed to be done till the day it was due. In doing this I would take time out of other class periods and try to finish what needed to be done which caused me to get behind in that class. In all this the main thing to learn was NOT to PROCASTINATE. Yes, you might say that putting something’s off to the side won’t hurt you but it will when the next day you have something due and you completely forget about both of them, and when you remember both of the assignments go down as 60s. Now think how your progress report would look like with 12 assignments ranging from 80 to 100 with two 60s big as day underneath. –Not so nice is it. You have to stay on top of your game or else you will be benched (recovery). During my semester of one of my very good friends dropped out of school because they couldn’t take the load. I want to prevent that from ever happening again, in order to succeed in life you need a High School Diploma and need to be in progress of a College Diploma to succeed in today’s society. Don’t believe me? Okay. McDonald’s won’t even hire you if you don’t have a high school diploma or either in progress of one. I’m just being real you can NOT make it in today society without education. We ARE the young people of TODAY and don’t ever let anything or anyone tell you different. Good luck, be prepared, have FAITH, and stay positive.
Sincerely,
Katrina J. Blanks
Katrina J. Blanks
P.S. - If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, "MOVE!" and it WILL move... and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU! - Matthew 17:20

No comments:

Post a Comment